Under the purview of defence and security, MIDAS has established two centers, specific to the research and development of strategies. These two centres are supported by the Admin and Development Department (A&DD).
Strategy and Civil Affairs Centre (SCAC)
The SCAC is responsible to spearhead the implementation of the Strategy and Civil Affairs for the Malaysian Armed Forces (MAF) and the Ministry of Defence (MinDef), to carry out the following tasks:
- Provide opportunities for MAF to further improve national-building and defence capabilities through collaborative measures with other civil and government agencies
- Assist in the implementation of Policies to Ensure the Security and Well being of our Civil Society Coordinates collaboration between Civil Agencies and MINDEF in nation building initiatives.
Comprehensive Defence and Security Research Centre (CDSRC)
The CDSRC is responsible to conduct research for the Malaysian Armed Forces (MAF) and the Ministry of Defence (MinDef), specific to issues pertinent to the following:
- Traditional Military Affairs; that include issues related to threats generated from military forces and military technologies.
- Non-Traditional Military Affairs; that include issues related to threats generated from non conventional military forces and technologies.
- Policy. Research that includes research on national defence and security policies, foreign policy, military diplomacy and national resilience.
Admin and Development Department (A&DD)
The Administration and Finance Unit (AFU) coordinates trainings, publications, administration, human resources and financial matters of the Institute.